Three treadmills are available in the Star Trac E-TRxi Series for the year. The new E-TRxi is the most entertaining of the three! The E-TRxi Treadmill has a solid foundation. It features a 5HP motor, a soft Neoprene track with 20% inclines, and an ergonomic uniframe that is easy to maintain. This treadmill quickly becomes a favorite club item, thanks to the 15-inch touchscreen TV.
The Star Trac E-TRxi Series also offers the E-TRxi which provides the same great basics as the E-TRxi. The E-TRxe includes fitness coaching, while the E-TRxi offers entertainment via PVS.
What We Like:
– Maintenance-free: This unit is a true club treadmill and doesn’t need lubrication nor bolt tightening. The E-TRxe treadmill can be used unsupervised as it is maintenance-free. It has a reversible deck, 3.5-inch track rollers and is designed for long life.
– Motor: Star Trac has 5 horsepower motors that make their treadmills strong enough to be used in heavy clubs by people of all sizes. Users weighing up 500 pounds can use the E-TRxe.
– Speed: Can trainees achieve 15 mph? This machine supports anyone who can. Other club treadmills are slower at 12 mph.
– Track: The Neoprene track, which is extra roomy and absorbs impact well, is a huge hit! It absorbs impact shock effectively, allowing people to train longer and reducing the risk of injury. It measures 60 inches in length and 21.5 inches wide. Commercial treadmill tracks are slightly narrower at 60”x20”.
– Incline: Training: Inline training is now the norm. It is a great way to reduce joint pressure, increase calorie burn and improve muscle tone. You can tilt the E-TRxi by increments of half-points to 20%.
– 15.6’’ Entertainment Screen: The Star Trac PVS or personal viewing system allows each user to tune in to TV or access their music files. The screen is integrated into the treadmill and maintains a stable image during intense workouts. People who get lost in another worlds stay longer in the fitness world.
– Heart rate monitoring: All Star Trac treadmills in 2014 come with Polar wireless telemetry, contact heart rate monitoring and Polar wireless telemetry. Users can be sure that they are exercising at their best by having a constant reading. For exceptional cardio training, the wireless monitor can be combined with bio-responsive workout programs.
– Pre-loaded fitness tests to the console: Examples include Constant Heart Control and Dynamic Heart Control.
– Stability: This machine will remain in place even during intense training. It is 477 lbs in weight and can support 500 lb user weight.
What we don’t like:
– Size: This fitness machine is large and can be difficult to move. This treadmill is 477 pounds in weight and takes up a lot of space. It measures 85 inches in length and 36 inches wide. Although the E-TRx models and S Series models may be smaller, Star Tracs are still compact treadmills.
– Step- on Height: The 10” step-on might be too steep for those with knee problems. Star Trac’s S Series treadmills come in a lower price (7 ”).).
– Price: The top-of the-the-line treadmills are not cheap. Star Trac and top commercial treadmill brands sell refurbished treadmills at a lower price, knowing that $6000 is prohibitively high for most buyers. Although they usually have a limited warranty, refurbished treadmills can still be great bargains.
– Warranty: Star Trac warranties can be used in Canada and the USA. They don’t come cheap, but they’re not generous. The Star Trac ETRxi warranty covers: Motor and motor control board – Five years parts and Labor; Other Parts- Two years parts and one year labor (but not three years for light commercial settings that don’t charge dues); Wear- One year parts & labor; Headphone Jack and USB port- 90 days on parts, zero labor
The E-TRxi is a great addition to any fitness club. The members will be competing for machine time! The TV, 15 inches high, sits above the track’s spongy surface. This treadmill is a winner thanks to its ergonomic frame, dozen of engaging programs, and many other features.
This unit is the latest in personal entertainment for a leading treadmill brand.