The Commercial 2950 is NordicTrack’s best-selling home treadmill. It features a 22-inch touchscreen that encourages long, intense workouts. It allows you to train virtually along Google Maps routes. You can even see street views from your location as you move. It also features HD resolution, which allows you to make the most of interactive iFit Coach videos. These allow you to exercise virtually with top-quality trainers in beautiful settings around the world. The iFit Coach video can be set at a preset speed or you can adjust your pace.
The 2021 model just launched has a few notable updates. Bluetooth headphones can now be paired with the treadmill via Bluetooth. The treadmill’s incline drivers were also updated to reduce noise and improve response time. The treadmill features a large workout surface, durable belt, a 4.25 CHP motor, power decline, cooling fans and storage areas.
The 2950 has a remarkable sound absorption and foldable frame. This is the final deal between NordicTrack and NordicTrack to make one of best high-end treadmills.
NORDICTRACK COMMERCIAL 2950 TREADMILL – KEY SPECS:
- Star Rating: 5-stars
- Motor: 4.25 HP
- Incline: -3 to 15%
- Running Area: 22″ x 60″
- Folding: Yes
- Top Speed: 12 MPH
- Weight Capacity: 300 LBS
- Dimensions: 79.5″ L x 39.2″ W x 66.6″ H
- Built-In Programs: 40
What We Like:
- 22″ Touchscreen: The Commercial 2950’s control centre is a 22-inch touchscreen. This high-definition display allows you to immerse yourself in scenic iFit Coach programs. Its display is crisper and more refined thanks to its newly updated graphics processing.
- Decline and Incline: Treadmill incline train naturally increases metabolism and recruits muscles in various ways for better definition. NordicTrack’s workout surface is adjustable between -3 and +15 percent slope. It can be used with iFit coach Google Maps workouts or personal trainer video workouts on scenic routes.
- iFit Coach Workouts: The latest 2950 is popular for its support of iFit Coach programs with immersive views. These programs can control the treadmill’s speed, incline and speed to create landscapes. They also help you achieve specific fitness goals. You can also choose from a wide range of Google Maps workouts, as well as a large collection of HD video workouts. These allow you to virtually train with personal trainers. Some programs focus on cardio only, while others combine strength training with treadmill exercise.
- Motor and Speed: DurX’s Commercial 2950 Treadmill features a 4.25-CHP motor. It can power through sprints and long runs at a speed of 12 mph.
- WhisperQuiet(tm) Deck: The treadmill deck absorbs your footfalls. This makes the Commercial 2950 quiet and comfortable for home.
- 2.5’’ Precision and Balanced Non-Flex Rollers: More wear on the track and motor can usually be expected because of the quality and size of the Commercial 2950 rollings.
- Quiet Drive Incline Technology: This new feature lets users experience more realistic terrain simulations that are faster, quieter and smoother.
- Tread Belt: This high-end treadmill features a large 22-inch by-60-inch workout area. It’s long enough to run on, and 2 inches wider than normal for extra elbow room. Two-ply tread belts are used for quiet operation and durability.
- Advanced Cushioning: With the Reflex suspension system, you can choose between a road-like or cushioned workout surface. To switch, simply flip a lever.
- Wireless Heart rate Monitoring: Tracking your heartbeat during exercise is a great way to stay on track. Commercial Series treadmills make it simple. To give you continuous readings, the new 2950 comes with a Bluetooth wireless chest band. You can also use the chest strap to read your pulse distance from your treadmill using iFit wearable devices. You can keep track of your heart rate and view your progress in chart format with an iFit Coach membership.
- Bluetooth Upgrade: A few years ago, Bluetooth connectivity to the 2950 was added. This allows users to stream their workout playlists directly from their smartphones via the treadmill’s Bluetooth speakers. You can pair your Bluetooth headphones with the treadmill to hear training instructions without disturbing the rest of the house.
- Triple Fan Power: Get cool with the help of three fitness fans. These fans are AutoBreeze and can adjust to your speed. You can also adjust the fan’s speed by yourself. You can have two fans point towards your face, and one cools your body.
- SpaceSaver – The deck folds up to save floor space and then gently drops to the ground when you are ready to train again. The Commercial 2950 folds down to a size that is average for a home treadmill. It measures 79.5 inches in length and 39.2 inches in width.
What we don’t like:
- Assembly: This heavy treadmill requires at least two people to safely assemble. It seems worth paying extra for assembly and in-home delivery.
- Short Warranty: With the recent changes made by NordicTrack, warranties across all products have been reduced to 10 years for frames, 2 year parts and electronics and 1 year labor. This is disappointing as it doesn’t compare to their competitors.
- Customer service: While the sales team is responsive, customer support is poor at best. It’s often difficult to resolve problems once you have purchased the product.
The NordicTrack Commercial 2950 treadmill is the best model available from a leading brand in home-fitness. It’s loaded with amazing specs for entertainment and performance, making it hard to resist. The recent upgrade to Bluetooth audio, which was the last major tech update we had been waiting for, brought it up to current tech standards.
The NordicTrack Commercial Treadmill Series also includes the best-selling members in their respective price ranges. These include the Commercial 2450, and the 1750.
What’s New for This Year
Every year, a few models are upgraded. There are many upgrades to models, including larger screens, motors that are stronger, and better tech. Sometimes, you may see two treadmills listed under the same manufacturer’s name. This is confusing enough for treadmill experts and new consumers. Here’s a quick overview of the new features on this latest treadmill.
New for 2021 (November 2020 Release)
- HD Touchscreen Updated: Better processing and dual-band WiFi compatibility will allow for a smoother video experience while following along to streaming or live classes.
- The Mobile App: Now Available as a Mobile App for Your Smartphone.
- Quiet Drive Incline Technology: The 1750’s incline drivers are quieter and more efficient than ever and provide greater control for instructor-led classes. Quieter is always better, especially when you need to follow guidance/instruction.
- Bluetooth Upgrade: Before Bluetooth, you could pair your phone with your treadmill using Bluetooth. This allowed you to play your music while you work out. You can now pair your Bluetooth headphones with your treadmill so you can hear your instructor and not disturb the rest of the house.
- Expanded iFit offer: Previously, these treadmills came with an individual 1-year membership to iFit. But for 2021, these memberships can be upgraded to family memberships, which is perfect for families with multiple runners.
- Improved compatibility: The Commercial 2950 now supports Android 9 OS.
FREQUENTLY ASKED Questions
What are the 40 programs that come with the nordictrack commercial 2950?
Many people struggle to find the 40 onboard workouts. Lovatnet, Norway tracks loads automatically. You can access the rest by pressing the icon of the person running. You can choose from Calorie Burn or High Intensity. Each category offers 10 choices. With the iFit membership, you can unlock unlimited programs.
Do all workouts include a personal trainer on the nordictrack commercial 2950?
All the program workouts include voice prompts to provide motivational and instructional input.
Does the screen on the nordictrack commercial 2950 tilt?
Yes, your 22-inch touchscreen tilts a few inches up and down to provide the best viewing angle.
Can i stream movies with wi-fi on the nordictrack commercial 2950’s screen?
You can only view NordicTrack content on your 2950 screen.
Should i place a running pad underneath the nordictrack commercial 2950 treadmill?
Although you don’t need to, a NordicTrack Commercial 2950 treadmill with a running pad underneath it will reduce noise and dust buildup. This can lead to a decrease in durability.
What are the major differences between the nordictrack commercial 1750, 2450, and 2950 treadmills?
Although many of the features are identical, the 2950 offers a more user-friendly experience. It has a 4.25 HP motor, while the 2450 has 4.0 HP and 1750 has 3.75 HP. The higher you go up the echelon, the larger the screen will be. You get what you pay for so the price goes up as you move from 1750 to 2950.