Train without pain The NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer is a joint-friendly option to treadmills. It replaces the monotonous jolt of running or walking with a smooth, “floating on the air” feeling. You can use it as an elliptical or stairclimber. Just shorten your stride and add incline to create a new style. The versatility of the FS9i, low-impact exercise and endless workout options with iFit coach are all reasons why owners love it.
iFit Coach, the personal training app for NordicTrack and its sister businesses, is available. You can download unlimited iFit Coach workout programs, which are customized to your abilities and goals using the FS9i touchscreen. iFit Coach adapts to your activity, so if Tuesday is a very intense workout, it may suggest a lighter workout Wednesday.
Interactive iFit Coach workouts with HD views are the most popular FreeStride training programs. These workouts allow you to control the speed and incline of your machine in virtual reality. Google Maps is one format that allows you to move with realistic incline/decline variations and synchronized street views. HD video is another format that can be used with top-notch personal trainers. These are similar to the Google Maps workouts. They allow you to experience scenic routes that synchronize at your own pace. Sometimes, personal trainers will appear to offer tips and encouragement. Some videos will prompt you to dismount your FS9i for cross-training.
The new NordicTrack FS9i features include stride settings from zero up to 38 inches, a 10-inch HD touchscreen with browser, 38 built-in workouts plus iFit coach; 10 percent up/down slope; Bluetooth wireless heart rate monitoring; and a 10 inch HD touchscreen with web browser. These and many other features are described in detail below.
NORDICTRACK FREESTRIDE TRAINER FS9I TREADMILL – KEY SPECS:
- Star Rating: 4.85-stars
- Motor: 20 HP
- Incline: -10% to 10%
- Running Area: 38″ Auto Adjustable Stride
- Folding: No
- Top Speed: n/a
- Weight Capacity: 400 LBS
- Dimensions: 68.4″ L x 28.5″ W x 62″ H
- Built-In Programs: 38
What We Like:
NordicTrack FreeStride FS9i trainer reviews tend to be positive and describe it as a well-built, easy-to-use fitness machine. Here are some details.
- Three in one: The FreeStride trainer can be used to support three different fitness machines. You can combine different workout styles with it, and it takes up less space than a standard home treadmill.
- Adjustable Stride: The FreeStrider FS9i can accommodate a maximum 38″ stride and is suitable for adults and teens of all heights, from very short to very high.
- Low Impact: The NordicTrack FreeStrider® FS9i’s pedals can move over suspended belts. This creates a feeling of “walking on the air” and reduces the chance of straining your joints, ligaments, and tendons while exercising.
- Resistance: This unit’s 20-pound flywheel provides a great range of resistance for low-impact cardio, muscle toning, and weight management.
- HD Touchscreen: A 10” touchscreen that is web-enabled makes it easy to surf the internet while you walk.
- 38 Workouts: Choose from a variety of built-in programs. Workouts can be categorized according to their main purpose, such as building speed or losing weight. Each workout controls the FS9i speed or incline for a specific time.
- iFit Coach enabled: The iFit Coach app connects the FreeStrider 9i to your WiFi network. You can access the touchscreen to download a customized workout at any time! You can experience the ups & downs of any route that you create in Google Maps. The FreeStrider screen can also stream a street view. You can exercise with iFit’s top-rated personal trainers at your side in HD video or race your friends online. The iFit Coach app on iOS and Android can provide 24/7 personal training support, including diet, exercise, and sleep recommendations that are adapted to your activity.
- Automated Incline/Decline: This special feature simulates outdoor training and recruits different muscle groups. Preset programs can be followed by the pedals, such as Google Maps programs that make use of terrain data. An incline/decline exercise is great for muscle toning and can also keep exercise interesting. It can also relieve stress on your joints and speed up calorie burning.
- Wireless Heart rate Monitoring: Use a constant pulse to exercise in the heart rate zone that suits you best. NordicTrack comes with a Bluetooth SMART chest band when you purchase the FS9i.
- Amenities: These include a port for 2” speakers to an MP3 player, a water bottle holder, and a fan. The caster wheels allow you to easily move the unit from one spot to another in your house.
- High Capacity: The FreeStrider can hold up to 400 pounds.
What we don’t like:
Home fitness reviews are always mindful of the negatives. However, it is not easy to complain. These are some things you might not enjoy.
- Price: This all-in-one machine is more expensive than the standard home treadmill.
- Flywheel weight: This elliptical is a good beginner’s model due to its 20-pound flywheel. The FS9i, on the other hand, is a great treadmill alternative for any intensity of workout.
- Short Warranty With the recent changes made by NordicTrack, warranties across all products have been reduced to 10 years for frames, 2 year parts and electronics and 1 year labor. This is disappointing as it doesn’t compare to their competitors.
The NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS9i offers a fun alternative for standard ellipticals, treadmills, and steppers. The FS9i is like having three machines, but it doesn’t take up much floor space. Moreover, iFit Coach allows you to create a new workout plan anytime. The maximum force power of an elliptical trainer might be exhausted soon, but those who are more interested in a low-impact option to treadmills may still benefit from the FS9i.