This Treadmill Could be For You If:
- A budget-friendly treadmill is what you are looking for.
- If you’re just starting to exercise at home, a treadmill is a good choice.
- You are looking for a broad, competitive warranty.
- You will be happier with durable, high-quality treadmill basics than you are with luxury accessories.
The Sole F63 folding treadmill is among the best quality and most affordable under $1,000. It’s the simplest model from Sole’s current range, but it still earns nearly five stars in our review (4.5).
The F63 folding treadmill has been recently upgraded with a 60-inch running area, a 3.0 CHP motor, and an upgraded console that includes 10 training programs. The track’s maximum speed is 12 mph, and the frame of the powder-coated steel treadmill is strong. Although the treadmill has a fan, it is not as fast as other models. The vents are located at the top of console and can’t be moved down. This might make it uncomfortable for some users depending on their height.
The LCD displays your workout progress and can be integrated with Sole Fitness’ mobile app to share stats and wireless tracking. You can access your progress from your smartphone on both Android and iOS devices. The Sole app is compatible with FitBit and MyFitnessPal, so you can use any programs you already know and keep all your workout history in one place. The F63 has additional features such as a tablet holder, Bluetooth speakers and a USB charging port.
The F63’s $999 price includes a competitive warranty that offers lifetime coverage for the motor and frame; three years for electronics, parts, deck and electronics; and one-year labor.
What’s new for 2021?
- The machine’s console has an integrated tablet holder. If the LCD screen of 6.5 inches is not sufficient, runners can attach a tablet or smartphone to the console. Runners can also use the console to access streaming and other apps. This greatly expands the entertainment options.
- Bluetooth Audio Speakers are now available on the new model, making music and other sounds from streaming devices much easier to access.
- A USB port has been added to the machine for the new year. This is an important addition that allows devices to be kept connected to the tablet holder during long sessions.
SOLE F63 TREADMILL – KEY SPECS:
- Star Rating: 4.5-stars
- Motor: 3.0 HP
- Incline: 0 to 15%
- Running Area: 20″ x 60″
- Folding: Yes
- Top Speed: 12 MPH
- Weight Capacity: 325 LBS
- Dimensions: 82″ L x 35″ W x 57″ H
- Built-In Programs: 10
What We Like:
- Top-of-the-range parts: Sole Fitness home treadmills are some of the very best in the industry. Rather than putting a lot of time and energy into the ‘extras’ in an attempt to set themselves apart from other brands, they focus solely on the basics, ensuring they are the absolute best there is. Getting the basics right is often even more beneficial than fine-tuning the ‘extras’ because these foundations can determine whether or not the treadmill stands up over the long haul. Sole offers top quality where it really counts, including commercial-grade treadmill components such as advanced cushioning, large track rollers and a heavy duty motor.
- Motor: The F63 motor is quiet and will carry you through your walking, jogging, and running workouts just fine. Its 3.0 CHP motor is kept cool by heavy-duty flywheels which help to ensure durability, possibly even more so than models with larger motors.
- Track Features: The Sole F63’s track is another place where the treadmill really shines. Not only is it well made, the fact that it’s 60 inches long and 20 inches wide while still being foldable means that you’ll feel right at home regardless of whether you’re walking or running.
- Power Incline: The F63 offers a 15% incline, giving you the option to intensify your workouts and help burn fat and calories faster than ever before. The feature works whether you’re running or walking, adding an extra layer of programming options to each and every workout. The machine inclines quietly and control panels are located on the handlebars as well as the console.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Keeping tabs on your heart rate is easy with the F63; the machine integrates with wireless chest straps and comes with contact pulse monitors built in. What’s more, you can utilize your heart rate data to guide the machine’s difficulty and choose to speed up or slow down your walk or run at any time.
- Preset Workouts: The F63 offers 10 preset workouts to help you reach your fitness goals as well as two user profiles with custom information which allow you to quickly pick up where you left off after each workout.
- LCD Screen: The 6.5-inch LCD screen provides all the key information about your workout, ensuring you know exactly where you’re at.
- Cushioning: The treadmill’s Cushion Flex Whisper Deck helps to minimize joint pain by lessening joint impact on the treadmill. In fact, the feature has been shown to help lessen joint impact by 35-45% in comparison to running on pavement.
- Compact Design: Short on space? The good news is that the F63 is a foldable treadmill that doesn’t sacrifice on stability. This means that although it can be stored easily and benefits from a hydraulic shock assist soft drop system ensuring the takedown is a breeze, it’s still very stable and won’t wobble like many other foldable treadmills in its class.
- Extras: The F63 priortizes user comfort by offering an integrated tablet holder, Bluetooth audio speakers, USB charging port and water bottle holder.
- Warranty: The F63 offers lifetime coverage for the frame and motor; three years for the parts, deck, and electronics; and one year of labor.
What We Don’t Like:
- Simplest Sole Treadmill: It’s not easy to find fault with Sole treadmills. That said, as with any fitness equipment line, the entry-level model naturally has fewer features than the top-of-the-range machines. The more expensive treadmills in this series have more powerful motors, more advanced displays and other upgrades.
- Slow Acceleration: Older versions of this treadmill were sometimes slow to accelerate.
At $999 with a generous warranty, the Sole F63 is an excellent, budget-friendly choice for at-home cardio training. The commercial-grade motor and cushioned track can support many years of reliable and comfortable use, as well as now accommodating for taller users with its updated, longer track. The combination of a low price, durable components and Sole’s great customer service explains why the F63 is one of the brand’s most popular treadmills year after year.
Curious about Sole’s higher-level treadmills? See what another $600 can buy, with the Sole F80 Folding Treadmill.
SOLE F63 FAQS
How much does a sole F63 treadmill weigh?
A Sole F63 treadmill weighs 254 lbs. The model also has a maximum weight capacity of 325 lbs.
Does the sole F63 treadmill fold?
Yes, the Sole F63 is a foldable treadmill. It safely locks into an upright position with Sole’s Easy Assist Folding Deck Design which helps you to fold and unfold your treadmill.
Is the sole F63 easy to assemble and disassemble?
Sole provides a range of videos on their site to help with the assembly of their machines, as well as how to maintain and clean your Sole treadmill. Alternatively, customers can pay $239 for full assembly by the delivery company.
Is the sole F63 a noisy treadmill?
All treadmills emit some level of noise, but whether it’s a problem or not is typically up to the user. The Sole F63 has been measured around 70 decibel level, which is comparable to a car at idle.